The Customer actions table in Settings > Automation > Workflow rules, Request submission represents a set of rules and the corresponding actions for new requests submitted by Customers.
Customer is able to submit a request by two submission channels. For each channel, the corresponding workflow rules can be set:
- Submission Form, either by private or public form
- Email, when customer submits a request to inbound e-mail address.
For each submission channel you can edit the System ("Catch all") rule, or create a set of Custom workflow rules.
There are several notes about relation and difference between the two types:
- The System rule doesn't have any conditions defined, and therefore is evaluated unconditionally, each time the action is performed. It can't be deleted.
- If a set of Custom rules are created for an action, during the action execution they are evaluated in the order of priority from the lowest value to the highest value. The System rule is evaluated last.
- During the rules execution, if a value is set in a rule's step, it will not be set in the next step.
To edit a rule, click the rule link, or click the (+) Add Custom rule button to create a custom submission rule.
The Workflow rule contains four groups of information available in the corresponding sections:
- Rule Description.
- If the following conditions are met: conditions under the commands or email notifications are performed.
- Set these values: alter the ticket with certain values, if the conditions are met.
- And notify with email: set recipients that will be notified about the action results using selected email template, if the conditions are met.
The Description region contains the general rule information:
- Description - Enter the rule description for your own reference.
- Channel: Select the submission channel for which you set the rule:
- Form, or
- Rule priority - Determines order of evaluation and execution between several rules, if exist. During the execution of several rules, they are evaluated in the order of priority from the lowest value to the highest value. The lower value means higher priority.
- To cancel the current rule edit and back to the Rules list, click the Cancel button.
- To submit changes, click the Save button.
- To delete the Custom customer rule, click the Delete button and confirm. The delete action is not reversible.
If the following conditions are met
The conditions are compared to request's values each time the request is submitted. The conditions are linked through AND logic, meaning all conditions must be met in order to alter the ticket and send corresponding email notifications.
Depending on the submission channel and the type of customer, there are restrictions about the conditional values:
- Inbound email: Email channel only
- Topic: Form channel only
- Customer: For requests submitted by registered customers
- Customer group: For requests submitted by registered customers
- Customer name contains: For requests submitted by nonregistered customers
- Customer email contains: For requests submitted by nonregistered customers
Set these values
Set the commands that alter the ticket, if the conditions above are met:
- Queue: Select Queue from the select list
- Assignee: Select Agent from the select list. Make sure the agent has permission to access the Queue where a ticket will be stored
- Deadline (hours): Enter deadline in hours to add to the date/time of the submission
- Tags: Select one or more tags from the list
- Priority: Select Priority from the list.
And notify with email
For each recipient, click the toogle switch to set whether the recipient will get the email notification, and select an available email template from the list:
- Queue Manager.